Hey team! My name is Nate Forse, and I am a fitness professional and mindset coach from Los Angeles. I’ve been helping clients for the past 12 years in a variety of ways: coaching football and basketball, personal training, and coaching strength and conditioning. While I still coach in person (at Barry’s Boot Camp and one-on-one), I’ve shifted my business to focus on the mindset behind fitness.
I totally believe that in order to change your results, you must first change your thoughts.
And a great technique is to implement ONE thing daily to change those thoughts—and ultimately your results. It’s called your morning routine.
Studies have shown that in order to create a new habit, it’s best to schedule that activity at the same time daily. This is called a keystone habit. That’s why it’s best to start with your morning to create positive changes. The morning is a trigger to complete the new activity at the same time—and when you implement a positive morning routine, it sets the tone for your whole day!
For example, the simple act of making your bed has massive benefits. Not only are you taking action by controlling what you can control—you are setting the tone for your entire day. You may have the worst day ever, but you will come home to order and be able to shift those thoughts from negative to positive. I know this sounds small, but these small wins compound over time and eventually produce massive results.
Remember, the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.
So here are my five tips to create new keystone habits and make a positive change in your life. I call them the Forse Five to Thrive.
- Make your bed. I bet you didn’t know that was going to be on here—but it’s important enough that it bears repeating.
- Drink plenty of water. Studies show that you should drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water daily. If you’re not a regular water drinker, start small and work up to your goal.
- Move your body. Get 10,000 steps daily. Lift something three times a week. Or take a fitness class. Whatever works for you, just do it.
- Prep your food. Know what you’re eating, in the right amount of calories—and when in doubt, grab a ONE Bar like I do.
- Enjoy your family and friends. Longevity is determined by the quality of your relationships—so value them and (most importantly) HAVE FUN!
I would encourage you to pick ONE of the Forse Five to Thrive and implement it immediately! Once you do this, you will start to see things shift in your life—and you’ll start looking for more positive habits to add. That’s why I love ONE Bars so much. They make it so easy to implement the fourth habit: prepping your food. I always carry at least one bar on me for post-workout recovery, or for when I get hungry throughout the day!
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
All statements, views and/or opinions expressed on this blog, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by ONE Brands, are solely the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of ONE Brands. ONE Brands does not control, and is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content provided by any third parties.